While most marketers are trying to close deals like a they are in college (one night stand), the smart strategic CMO’s are cleaning up by creating killer converting funnels for those that aren’t in the position to buy straight off the bat.
Let’s look at the statistics:
- 50% of leads are qualified but not yet ready to buy. [Source: Gleanster Research]
- Companies that perform higher than average at lead nurturing have 9% more sales reps making quota. [Source: CSO Insights]
- Nurtured leads make 47% higher value purchases than non-nurtured leads. [Source: The Annuitas Group]
- Lead nurturing emails generate an 8% CTR in comparison to general broadcast emails which generate just a 3% CTR. [Source: HubSpot]
- Businesses that use marketing automation to nurture prospects experience a 451% increase in qualified leads [Source: ANNUITAS Group]
… and the list goes on.
Arguably, the most influential value add you can do to a struggling or thriving campaign is to engineer a automatic follow up nurturing program that makes the rest of your marketing effort run like a knife through butter.
A recent KaPost study concluded that a “Trust Gap” has significantly widened due to the click bait culture that we are living in between customers and advertisers. This is a shocking trend that most likely will continue. In the book The Myth of Digital Democratisation it leaves a trail to lead in.
If your looking to bridge this gap to conversion, your only choice of material to build it is with constant, consistent flows of trust building content.
But here’s the good news. Imagine being the one eye’d man in the land of the blind, by employing these simple tactics with the right system it automatically positions yourself as a trusted advisor in your vertical.
If this strategy makes sense to you, it may just be the “story you tell” a few months or a year from now, when puzzled peers are desperate to know how you created serious ROI in your campaigns. If you would like help making that a reality for your business get in touch with us.